When it comes to selling your house, there are two main choices you have – list your home with a real estate agent or sell it yourself. There are many reasons why the best option to sell your house is by listing it on the market through a real estate agent, but it can come with some negative side effects too. The other option is to sell your house yourself to a company that pays cash for houses, like Colorado All Cash. This option has its positives and negatives as well. To be able to make a well-informed decision, check out our list of pros and cons for both.
Real Estate Agent:
- Marketing – Real estate agents present the listing of your house to the public and other real estate agents through the MLS (multiple listing service), networking contacts in the community, open houses, and other paid advertising.
- Negotiation – You will have an industry professional guiding you through negotiations throughout the process and helping you evaluate each offer.
- Knowledge – Real estate agents typically have education and experience that the general public does not. If you have any questions throughout the process, your real estate agent will be there to answer them for you.
- Waiting – Your house will likely be on the market longer when listing through a realtor and closing usually takes an additional 30-45 days.
- Closing costs – You will undoubtedly pay thousands in commissions and fees to your real estate agent.
- Additional fees – The extra fees don’t stop at closing costs. It includes the added costs of private mortgage insurance, homeowner’s insurance, title insurance, appraisal fees, escrow fees, points of origination fees, credit report fees, document preparation fees, survey fees, pest or mold inspection, property taxes, and state recording fees.
- Costly repairs – If there is any kind of damage in the house, big or small, you’ll likely need to have these repaired before you list is on the market. This can big a big drain on your time, energy, and money.
- Cleaning – The house will need to be immaculately clean the entire time it’s on the market. This upkeep can be stressful and exhausting, especially if you are still living in the home.
Selling Your House Yourself:
- Cash for houses – If you are skipping the step of listing your house on the market, a cash home buyer, like Colorado All Cash, can offer a VERY fast sale and close on your house in less than a week.
- No need for repairs – Holes in the walls? Stained carpets? Water damage and mold? Cracked foundation? No matter how many repairs your house needs, in most cases, a cash buyer will still purchase the house.
- No stress – Eliminate all the hassles and frustration of listing your house on the market by selling it quickly for a fair price. You have the luxury of putting in little to no effort and walking away with cash!
- Cost – The offer you receive may be slightly lower. You could be giving up a certain amount of money by choosing the more convenient, faster, & stress free option.
- Trust – Some cash home buyers promise a sale, then can’t come up with the money. Make sure you do your research and choose a company with a proven history of following through. It’s a good idea to ask the company to provide you with a proof of funds before your commit to the sale.
Selling your house is a big decision, so you want to make sure you do it the way that’s right for you! If you are interested in selling your house fast in Fort Collins, Loveland, Greeley, or the surrounding Northern Colorado areas, contact us to get a free, no-obligations cash offer on your house in less than 24 hours.